In the past three months Firefox was updated more than we were used in the past also because it had some “speed problems” expecially on Ubuntu 10.04. Now, after the last updates, Firefox seems to go fast but for people who like to try some hacks we have collected some tips from the web:
– start Firefox
– in the address bar type about:config
– find and modify these lines:
– network.http.pipelining > Make it True
– network.http.pipelining.maxrequests > Make it 8 or 10 (we made it 30 and it really works fast especially on websites as ebay)
– network.http.proxy.pipelining > Make it True
– network.dns.disableIPv6 > Make it True
– last but not least restart and Firefox should work fine and a little bit faster.
Before trying these changes, please consider that changing advanced settings on Firefox can be harmful to the stability, security and performance of the program. Take notes of all the changes you are doing in case you need to revert them later.