- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
Hi, i am using kubuntu 12.10 , but this thing do not work for me:
when i try to run this : ” srm -r brisati ” (name of a folder), i get this:
“Error: File brisati – No such file or directory”
Same thing also with command “shred”
Any suggestions maybe ?
Please check if:
– you are in the right folder
– the name of the folder is correct.
Remember, these commands are upper case sensitive
How do you mean, to check “am i in the right folder” ? I’m doing it from console (terminal)…
Folder name is correct, commands are written as you can see in previous post… Also tried from other machine, ubuntu 12.04… Not working 😦
Do i have to make full path after ” srm ” command?
Sorry, i did not leave contact info 🙂
I mean: Are you in the corect folder before trying to delete a file?
I would use the command cd.
$ cd Documents
Documents$ srm -r brisati (where brisati is the name of a file)
In any case, please also read this other post: